Friday, August 16, 2013

Forgotten pages?

Life has its twists and turns.
Mine has been packed with summer visitors, construction, day travels, writing, gardening, reading, cooking, cleaning. Doing things, you know.


The usual. I felt I would just bore you with my reflections on daily details.
There seemed too little to share other then things I have been talking about already.
And I have to admit it, I had gotten a little bored.

I took a good long break, with the risk of losing you. I know how much the blog world relies on the daily feed and responses. But the pressure was simply too much for me.



These pages have not been forgotten, but I needed the time to focus on other things.
Once school starts, I will return more often and hopefully some of you might join me again.

I have learned much over the years I have been writing. About writing itself, about design, human nature and our need to be heard. I have learned of friendships, grown and nourished through unusual pathways, some entirely virtual. What a wonderful thing.

I have learned that my thoughts can mean something to strangers, people I have not met and I might never see in my life.



It's forever a wondrous thing to write and send my words and pictures into the universe out there, where they might bounce around and find resonance. It never seizes to amaze me.
So, if you like, join me again in a little while, when the last summer days fold into autumn.

Maybe you remember, at the beginning of the year I thought of reducing and clearing out of stuff.


I have managed quite a bit, but there is still a lot more to be done. My goal is to reduce it all further. Clutter is my enemy, I love too many things, but I feel burdened down. Yet, reducing is hard.



I will share my thoughts on this and on the things which feed me. Books, ideas, new concepts of living and food, literally. As some of you might know, over more then a year now I have changed my lifestyle and studied nutrition intensively. Much has changed for me and many things I thought I could not live without have made themselves obsolete.
This new freedom has translated itself into other newly won insights: Things I can live without. Perhaps a strange concept for a design blog, but it rather makes sense to me.



I will take you with me, as I further try to clear out and bring fresh air into my closets, cupboards, bedrooms and kitchen. Will you come with me?

It interests me more and more how we live, not so much with what and how much we have. Less is certainly more in my mind and it counts what it all means. 



There will always be things in abundance: My curiosity, my hunger for knowledge, a little bit more wisdom, more peacefulness, more love, more reading, more history, more gratefulness.
More travel...if possible.
Less nonsense.
Less stress.
Less fear.
Less stuff.
Less talk, more listening.


See you soon!







All images by V.Zlotwoski

3 comments:

  1. My dear Victoria, Welcome back. I hope you are having a wonderful summer. It sounds like you have got a busy and productive summer with writing, entertaining guests and re-decorating your beautiful home. Like you, I adore things ("You spend your life dusting your tchotchkes", as my mother would say) and it feels like home when I am surrounded by things I love. Perhaps, it's probably to do with wounds from being deprived in my childhood. But they are the kind of compensation that does not heal or fill in any void - materials, as a Buddhist I've been taught to believe - in general, are impermanent and fleeting. It creates more wants, needs and cravings, and hence, more sufferings and more karmas. So, I wholeheartedly agree with your motto in trying to live, "less stress, less fear, less stuff..." Wishing you all the very best and keep up with the good works!

    With best wishes, ASD x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Victoria,
    Love you for all the more you share and for inspiring me w/less is more!
    Looking forward to more-
    pve

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Victoria

    It is lovely to see you back blogging and with a promise to return, with regularity, soon. Glad to read your summer is busy with delightful gatherings. Continued joy.
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails