Tuesday, April 29, 2014

New beginnings and endings




Dear readers, friends,

I do owe you an apology. A blog is to be written in somewhat regular intervals. Otherwise it loses it's momentum. I am fully aware of it. 
I had reached a turning point, a little while ago. I tried to balance new interests with the existing ones, but it has gotten too hard to do so.
For a long time I've had played with the idea to write something other then my blog. 
And about a year ago I have started on a historic novel based on my grandmother's life. 
I call it a romanography....
Now I am rather deep into it and it takes my energy and it feeds me at the same time. 
I love it. 
It is exciting and invigorating and I hope it will become a real book one day. My family indulges me and they are extremely patient with me. 

Writing is an adventure, a tour de force, I am not sure where this force is coming from or where it will take me. 
It has simply taken over. And I let this passion rule!

But something else has occurred to me. My ability to write has also been shaped by reading your inspiring stories, all your persistence and watching so many of you making their dreams come true. Fighting for it and sticking it out! I owe you my thanks and gratitude. Without you, I might have never begun! And I hope one day to give it back to you! I will come to read here and there, maybe even tell a little how it's going, but I wont promise regularity! I just can't. Between the family, life and my writing there is not enough time to manage it.

I feel stricken and as I write I feel a knot in my throat, it is a farewell of sorts. This blog has been such a part of my life!

I wish all you you the very best, keep following your dreams and passions! 
As my children say: YOLO - You only live once...


Thank you for everything and please wish me luck!

Victoria


PS: 
I still bake bread and live this, now not so new anymore, satisfyingly healthy lifestyle, sometimes I share on the other blog part recipes and some of my creations. You might find me there. 
You can always contact me for advise or decorating dilemmas. 


10 comments:

  1. Hello Victoria:

    Of course we are sad to see you go, so to speak, but are equally excited for you at this turning point in your life. We wish you every success with your 'romanography' and will hope to hear in time of its publication.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DearJane and Lance,

      I will be around and read your posts, be sure of it! I cannot let go like that! It's just the other writing has taken over my life! : )))
      Love to you both! I hope all is well!

      Delete
  2. Dear Victoria

    I will miss seeing you on my Blog List. You have a gift in writing. I can understand fully your love for the art and your enthusiasm and devotion to this book. I will look forward to reading it.
    Keep well and I wish you a flow of words.
    Helenxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, again! You shall be anmong the first to know how it goes!

      Delete
  3. Hello Victoria
    I think blogger is playing tricks with me again. The above comment was written by me "Helentilstonpainter.blogspot.com." I have no idea why it called me "Marilynsodyssey" Helen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Helen, Thank you so much! And do not worry, I appreciate your comments from any source! :) But it is odd! It's a glitch!
      Happy Wednesday!

      Delete
  4. Good luck and I wish you well....your book sounds so interesting and I can hear the passion in your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Liebe Frau! You are so kind! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Victoria,
    I am the fortunate one who lives nearby so we shall continue our friendship and mutual support for one another while raising our family and following our passions. Wishing you happiness, contentment and of course "grit" to write and create a story or book to share with many.
    I also would love to order an occasional loaf of your hand made artisanal bread. Writers and Artists need sustenance!
    I thought I had left a comment but do not see it. I have so enjoyed your blog and of course value you and your friendship.
    lots of love,
    pve

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your flower turned out beautifully, and I just love the color!
    Interior Design Idea

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails