Sunday, October 24, 2010

A bench makeover

Beginning with the bench belonging to our dining chair set I worked Sunday afternoon to re-upholster the old and ripped fabric.
I replaced it with a wonderful fabric I found at my local fabric store. Having only to spend the money for 3/4 of a yard, the project cost me $35.00. Not counting the staples... And it took about 1 hour from start to finish.
The bench looked before pretty much like the chair and has been waiting for the right moment in the attic to be brought back to life.

All I needed was a staple gun with 3/4'' staples, scissors and a hammer to reinforce the staples a bit.

Notice the apple pie which my husband served to sustain me...

The green fabric hanging over the back of the bench will be used tomorrow to re-upholster all six dining chairs. Now I have confidence enough that it will work out, the bench was tricky, the fabric rather thick and not easy to stretch over the bench. My daughter was a great help.

I am really happy with the results...looking good with wallpaper and the curtains.

The chairs will hopefully be done by tomorrow.....

PS: And just click at House and Living above to see my recent acquisitions on Etsy and Ebay.

All pictures taken be V.Zlotkowski


  1. Victoria a fabulous job and I adore the fabric on the bench!!

    Art by Karena

  2. I am in absolute love with what you have done here!
    Amazing job!


Related Posts with Thumbnails