Friday, November 9, 2012

Friday post

Winter's night from our front door


I haven't done a casual Friday post in a while and today I feel like sharing a few pics of the week...

Through one of our bay windows...

It has been a little crazy around here, still recovering from Sandy and welcoming the first snow (storm) to our shores...Which has left by now, almost as fast as it came!

Lovely white blanket of snow!

Such times always provoke in me domesticity and the need for cooking, stocking up on pantry items and nesting.

Slow cooked baked beans, recipe here
REALLY GOOD!


Baked acorn squash too...

Reading by the fire and looking for good movies to watch.

Oscar hates having his picture taken, so I sneaked one in with my iPhone, he hasn't figured that out yet...

I am a wildly eclectic reader, I love some entertaining reading, something that makes me laugh out loud, or when I feel on top of my game, a challenge to my thinking, a nudge into the right direction to motivate my creativity... there are so many fantastic books and I am not going to be stuck in one direction or other. I sample freely, always...

I found this yesterday and one of the first sentences in one of her essays, I happen to open up in the bookstore, begun so promising, I could not leave it behind...

Wonderful to motivate the dormant artist within...

Incredible fun....

And more added fun! ....
 
Something different altogether, but more then captivating, I loved the 'Glass Castle' as well.



What's in the movies, I contemplate to see?

A must!
Equally enticing.

I read the book, so ...YES!

Another one I have read.... maybe!
Family fun....

Love many of the actors, so yes?

By now I've heard and seen so much of it, I feel like skipping it, if it wouldn't be for  Helen Hunt....

Sounds like I wouldn't mind either...
 
Perhaps a little melancholic, but I am interested.

What do you think? Is going to the movies in your near future?

Alright, this has been a mixed bag, but sometimes this is all what I can come up with...hope there is something for everyone, dear readers!

Last night view back over our yard towards the Hudson valley

Happy weekend and be good, where ever you are!


xoxo



Images: Landscapes,still life and food by V. Zlotkowski, books via B&N, movie posters via moviefone.com (Sorry for the bad quality)

3 comments:

  1. Lovely images and so many inspiring things as always....loved that sky last night too~ Enjoy the weekend. I hear we have some warmth headed our way.
    pve

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Patricia,
      Wouldn't that be great for a time to walk in the sunshine?
      xoxo

      Delete
  2. Amazing pictures especially the sunset! I love the cozy part of winter....soups and fireplace, reading and watching movies at home. I'm excited to see Life of Pi in the theater the rest I'll wait for On Demand or Netflix. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails