Friday, December 10, 2010

Tickled pink?



Yesterday color authority Pantone announced it's color of the year 2011 to be an immense pink called "honeysuckle". The company predicts that we will see a lot of this color, appearing on everything from dresses to pillows, nail polish, sofas and appliances.

image

Image

Top image and this here.


A sherbety shade of pink, with a hint of red and orange zest, honeysuckle is seen by designers as a pick -me-up at a time when many people have had their fill of misfortune.
I quoted based on an article from yesterday's Wall Street Journal.

Jonathan Adler.

Harlequin Wallpaper.

Image
JA tray.

via Country living.

Interestingly enough many people do not necessarily associate honeysuckle with the color pink. The bush which grows on the corner of my deck blooms in a lovely shade of yellow....Apparently people associate the color with what they know from their childhood....Perhaps the honeysuckle you knew then was pink?

via google image.

Pink has been on the radar of many designers for a couple of years now and I guess the announcement to make it the color of the year 2011 culminates in it's final arrival at the mainstream households. I still remember the pink polo shirts I gave my husband and son two years ago and seeing my then 8 year old son being a little taken aback at first. Girly pink for him? But he eventually wore the shirt for many month and does now not object to pink in his wardrobe any more then to navy blue!

Image

I love pink as much as many other colors, my house is filled with reds and green, turquoise and blues and surely it will find it's way into it as accent on plates, pillows and outfits.
It's a summer color, reminding me of raspberries, little girl's dresses and lemonade.

Image

There is a sense of care free life when looking at pink. I am sure it made it's way into our current fashion for those reasons as well.

Image
To see on the bright side, away from worries and unemployment which must surely show itself in dull browns and muddy grays...
It's a good thing to celebrate life when the going is tough and to surround ourselves with an uplifting shade of pink is a wonderful way of maintaining optimism and a youthful spirit.
My dish washing will be stylish at last!!!

Image

Are you tickled pink yet?


xx
Victoria


Images as indicated.

11 comments:

  1. Not yet! But I have been trying to find the right shade of pink velvet to cover a chair in for ages. Now I might be able to find it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am tickled pink!! Such a colorful fun post!! Thank you!!
    xx-Gina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, very tickled pink. I love pink in all its shades. I'd love a shocking pink scard to go with my black coat. What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've read this and it won't work for me fashion-wise since it's a color I just can't wear but you've certainly found some other fun ways to incorporate honeysuckle into your life - love the girl's spectacular bed (can't remember whose daughter that is) and the Harlequin wallpaper!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pink is a great color that honestly goes with just about everything (and is incredibly flattering). So glad it's getting its due!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great minds! Stopping by your blog after seeing your comment on COCOCOZY. I like your post better because you show a bunch of pink options! Very nice!!! Your blog is nice too!

    Coco
    COCOCOZY

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love the couch and the jonathan adler pillow...it has been my fantasy for a long time to paint our little old house pink....but the husband says no....oh well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll be honest, I'm not a pink gal. Or perhaps I don't like the idea of pink defining a woman. But, I will also admit that it's a great color on people ;) Especially that couch. I looove it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This excites me to no end, you have no idea! XX!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow, I think I NEED that tray!!

    xx
    d

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails