Thursday, November 29, 2012

Oscar

Dear readers and friends,

Today we lost our dog. After a short, but painful decline we had to part with him.  We could not, with responsibility and love, see him suffer from what we now know was cancer of the bone. We are dreadfully sorry to have lost him and our grief is beyond measure. This dog has accompanied us since we moved here, was around for much of the life of our two youngest children and we have a hard time thinking of the days stretching ahead without him. 
He will be remembered by all, who loved his gentle soul and wonderful, happy nature.
We love you.

Oscar,  December 2000 - November 2012


R.I.P.





Image by V.Zlotkowski

7 comments:

  1. I am sorry for the loss of your "Oscar"
    He looks like a real sweetheart. I know there aren't any adequate words that can heal the pain. But I'm sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My thoughts are with each of you. I know that in time all the memories of Oscar will remind you of how much he loved you and visa versa. I shall miss our teas and seeing him in the middle of that ottoman, holding court.
    Whenever I listen to Bach, I shall think of Oscar, I know he loved music and his home.
    pve

    ReplyDelete
  3. As the days go by...the memories will outweigh the sadness by the Beauty of his LOVE for you and yours! It's always difficult to let go...but in the end it is better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Victoria

    My heart is heavy as I read about the death of dear Oscar. I know and he knew he was loved unconditionally. I hope the passing of times eases the pain. I have just lit a candle in his honour and shall remember you also in prayer.

    Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Victoria, I am so very sorry to hear this. I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

    xoxo
    Karena

    ReplyDelete
  6. All I can say is that another wonderful pet is just waiting to make you happy. And you will make that little beastie happy too.

    Don't hesitate. You just can't live without the unconditional love of a dog.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails