Wednesday, April 11, 2012

The Painted Sky

The sky is the daily bread of the eyes.  ~Ralph Waldo Emerson



I have a dear connection with the always changing skies! Walking, driving, sitting somewhere, gazing up, it always let's me see the bigger picture, so to speak. 








I feel the insignificance and my smallness in the world. And yet, looking up, the sky always reassures me of the largeness of life. 






The sky brings close to me all the powers of nature, non-man made things. It's a large window at night and there passes no day, where I do not regard the sky above me.







I do not mind a storm, neither the soft grayness of a rainy day sky or the brilliant blackness of a winter firmament, dotted with stars.







I love the ever changing clouds, rushing, drifting and billowing above me. The flocks of 'sheep' or the ripples of windblown sheets of white.
The sky is painted by the sun, the great winds and the rain up there...




It speaks of the world I love!

When I do not walk in the clouds I walk as though I were lost.  ~Antonio Porchia, Voces, 1943




All images by V.Zlotkowski.

6 comments:

  1. Hello Victoria:
    We do so agree with all that you write here and illustrate with these most striking images. Like you, we see the sky as the ceiling on the world and it, for us, became one of the most important factors in the years during which we were designing gardens. It determines scale - something which is never easy to achieve correctly in the great outdoors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love the take on scale for garden design. My garden is rather small and has streets and houses around, typical for suburban gardens around here, the sky sit far above this one...

      Delete
  2. The sky is always changing - so capricious - like the weather. Very pretty images here today, Victoria.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Victoria,
    Next time I see you - we must look up at the "oh most gracious skies"-lovely images.
    pve

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails